Sunday, April 30, 2017

Let 'em see ya sweat!!

Today is day 5. 

Last Wednesday,  I headed to the gym because, quite frankly,  I felt like absolute crap.   I've gained back most of the weight that I lost several years ago and I finally admitted (to myself), that it is affecting my well-being.  Ouch!
I had 1 simple goal..... walk 2 miles.   No time limit,  no heart rate goal, no calories burned goal... just walk 2 miles.   Almost 45 minutes later,  I had completed my goal.   Oh,  and I wasn't allowed to shame myself for my time either.  
Thursday,  I headed back to the gym to do the same exact thing... Only this time,  I ended up walking a little bit further and a little bit faster.   I was pretty proud of myself!
Friday,  my youngest son had a  competition out of town,  which put us in a hotel for the night.   Even though all I really wanted to do was chill in the hot tub,  I headed for the gym instead.   It's not very often that I ever use a different machine than my gym,  so I was shocked when I set the speed at 4.0 and could barely keep up.   I knocked it down to 3.5 and still found myself huffing and puffing.   Needless to say,  it ended up being a brutal workout,  but it was probably good to push myself a little.
I got those 2 miles completed last night,  and even though I REALLY didn't want to go tonight,  I went anyways.   Tonight,  I told myself... it's just an episode of Forensic Files.  (Yeah,  I've got a fascination for shows about real crime.  My husband thinks I'm sick.   Lol!)
At the end of my 2 miles,  I even did some crunches tonight.  

Tomorrow is a big day that includes some pretty cool tasks that I can't talk about yet.   In time,  though....